Diabetes Community Group
The Children's Diabetes Centre values the importance of community members having a say and giving feedback and guidance on issues important to them. Issues can relate to clinical services at Princess Margaret Hospital and the research we undertake.
The purpose of our Diabetes Community Group is to provide a forum through which to receive feedback to improve clinical services, community perspectives on current and future research activities and to inform the community of research findings and outcomes.
The group aims to:
- Suggest ideas for future research projects and provide feedback on current projects
- Review materials intended for public distribution
- Provide feedback to improve clinical services
- Improve linkage to family networks and community services
Previous discussion topics:
- What we are doing right and wrong in the clinic
- How things will change when we move to the new children's hospital
- Diabetes camps
- Diabetes and school
- Content for our website and newsletters
Participants are eligible for reimbursal of costs to attend meetings.
Download the Terms of Reference for the Diabetes Community Group
To find out more, contact Heather Roby on 9340 8744 or Heather.email@example.com